a while back, we had reported that sony is getting into the motion controller scene. now, we bring you updates. there’s a game developers conference (gdc) wrapping up in san francisco. at the gdc, a new product, playstation move, was unleashed by sony computer entertainment worldwide studios president, shuhei yoshida.
working in conjunction with the playstation eye, this controller is the next big thing in gaming, apparently. sony is planning to release it around fall 2010. frankly though, it looks a lot like the wiimote… wii remote – whatever the fuck the wii controller is calling itself these days. this viewpoint is chiefly supported with the fact that this new controller will have the option of an analog subcontroller. it’ll some make games way easier.
preliminary reports indicate that the sony creative team has exhausted itself working on psmove, and little attention was paid to game names. however, some new games are:
– sports champions (working title) that features archery, futuristic table tennis, and gladiator-style combat
– tv game show title called ‘tv superstars’
– kung fu fighting game called ‘slider’
– bare-knuckle brawler called ‘dukes’
– a shooting game called ‘the shoot’
– a family-oriented game called ‘move party’ (working title)
what else… oh, littlebigplanet, tiger woods 2010 and socom 4 will be remade to be psmove-friendly.
playstation europe’s flickr stream has more game play images.
as it stands right now, there are three ways you will be able to buy psmove:
1. a starter pack with the playstation eye, psmove, and a game
2. as a standalone controllers for people who already own a playstation eye
3. part of a full ps3 console pack including the console, psmove wands, and the playstation eye camera. (just fyi, right now, we still don’t know if this bundle will also include the traditional dual shock controllers.)