uh oh. there’s been a couple of games that have frozen my ps3 recently [and not just fallout 3], and i am starting to worry for its health. personally, i find that by cleaning it once in a while i can keep it from really freaking out, but i know that the day is coming.
i have found this article i thought i would share with you all. basically, it details how to stop your ps3 from freezing, something every ps3 owner will have to face at some point. ezinearticles.com talks about a ps3 freezing and what to do with a handy guide, and here’s the quick and dirty version.
1) Let your console cool down.
2) Restart your console by holding in the power button for 5 seconds until you hear a beep.
3) Check if there’s a loose cable.
4) Unplug all cables, but not the power cord. If that’s done, plug them back in.
5) Take out the hard-drive, and put it back inside your console.
If these tips didn’t fix the PS3 keeps freezing problem, then you’ve got to open up your console. You can let Sony do this for you. Keep in mind that if you do this, you will have to pay $150 for the repairs, and you’ll have to wait 2-6 weeks also.
Or you can actually fix your console yourself with the help from the Playstation 3 Repair Guide.
beware of #5 – it can potentially void the warranty.