netflix, you little bitch. i had such high hopes for you. i watched almost the entire 4th season of mad men on my ps3, and hunting it down on the internet was a pain.
- find link to show.
- get asked ‘do you want to run the plugin?’
- click ‘yes’.
- close ads.
- get asked again: ‘do you want to run the plugin?’
- experience twinge of anxiety. i wanted to run the plugin, but if the ps3 is questioning my judgment, is it telling me i shouldn’t?
- close some other windows because the browser is freaking out.
- go back to don draper and his merry band of friends. get asked AGAIN about a plugin. seriously, ps3, i get that you look out for me, but i am an adult and i made a choice.
- wait a bit before show starts to stop the inevitable buffering mid-way through.
- watch slightly pixelated version of show.
every internet trip is the same. the ps3’s browser only asks the same question, over and over and over again. it still haunts me. should i? should i not? i searched my soul, trying to see what i would become if i said yes. if i started down that path.
fuck it, i am a bit of a junkie. i admit it! jon hamm does it for me. i like watching him every week. i have to. it’s either this or nothing, since rogers on demand web-style does not work on my machine.
when netflix announced it was coming to canada, i almost wet myself. it meant decent-quality mad men. i tried installing it the other night though, and as it turns out ‘free trial’ is a flat-out lie. they want your credit card details, and after the first month they’re just going to start quietly charging you. excuse me? i don’t simply give away money to strangers!
some of you may argue that it’s only $7.99, but it’s the point here. you aren’t offering much here. i can’t say that i am surprised, but the american version has a LOT more selection than we do.
if you’ll excuse me, i have some weeping and gnashing of teeth to do.