i have told many of you, over and over again, about my love of game merchandise. i guess, at heart, i am a collector. we could sit around for hours discussing the psychological background, but it’s safe to say that we all have better things to do.
…uhhh where am i going with this? oh right, the collector’s shit.
i used to love it. love it! it is so great opening up something that is quality. lately [as i recently wrote about] the quality of collector’s editions sucks. what you get blows. the exclusive stuff blows. frankly, sometimes the game itself blows.
this is where i expect better thing of littlebigplanet 2, whose collector editions will be gracing your local landfill in the years to come.
according to eb games, this is what you get for $79.99 CDN:
- LittleBigPlanet 2 game
- 7″ collectable Sackboy plushy
- Exclusive LittleBigPlanet 2 game ends (bookends)
- 11 DLC Sackboy costumes, including:
- Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Alien” Sackboy Costume
- Disney’s TRON: Legacy “CLU” Sackboy Costume
- The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
- Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
- And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition: PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
- PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
- 5 exclusive Sackboy themed PSN avatar
fuck these guys. fuck the creators. fuck everything about this. exclusive costumes? avatars? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!
the only thing that is even remotely interesting are the book ends and the plushy. you can buy the plushy from thinkgeek – those guys are awesome, and even with shipping to canada it’s a better deal. the bookends – probably shitty, let’s be honest.
maybe for christmas, santa can bring some sense to the gaming industry.