uh oh. holiday season is coming – what have you got for the gamer or gamers in your life? shopping for gamers is the easiest thing in the world. to begin with, every electronic store in the land has a sale of some kind going on. then there’s the game publishers themselves. they have been packaging and bundling all kinds of shit in time for the holidays. and retailers are eating it up.
- best buy has a category of games under $10, but to be honest, they’re mostly shitty. bionic commando is the only one worth it, although dark void is pretty good too.
- wii games – you can buy wii games on a broad scale. depending what you want to buy, you’ve pretty much got your pick. i’ve seen tenchu for $4.99 in best buy’s used section, and i think it runs around $10 or $15 new. i got my mom a pinball game for $19.99, and scored need for speed for about $20 as well.
- they favouritize xbox 360 here, holy shit! eat lead: the return of matt hazard is going for $4.99. they’ve got rainbow 6 and the saboteur for $9.99. what a bargain, i love those games. you can get alone in the dark for that price too.
- crazy enough, the bioshock 2 special edition is going for $20!
- of course, you know i have to mention the saboteur. GET IT.
shopping at best buy bonuses? the price watch feature on their web site. plus, if you have the best buy card, you get points to use for further purchases.
- the red dead undead nightmare expansion pack for $30. most games have played red dead redemption – honestly, if they don’t have it, get that game.
- here and there they have sales – dj hero 2, for example, is $50 off.
- medal of honor [xbox 360] is $20 off – meh.
if all else fails, get them a gift certificate from ebgames. ebgames has those cool little gift card boxes, usually in the shape of your
best friend console.