i am so sick of hearing how other games are going to ‘convert’ console gamers. it’s the iphone. it’s the computer. it’s the ipad. goddamn it, now even n4g, the rational voice of gamers everywhere, has joined the fray. they are trying to tell us that computers are going to replace the console.
fuck those guys. fuck the horse they rode in on too.
i am a firm believer that gamers are never going to give up their console. why? mainly because i believe that the market can support both. both have their pros and cons. read up for obnoxious gamer’s specifics, bitches.
- we use it to watch movies.
- we use it to watch tv.
- it’s the investment. we have all poured a shocking amount of money into the hardware and software of our ps3.
- it does the internet. sure, you can have some fancy sound system, but the internet browser will run a youtube playlist. and how cool is it to have a party with a video playlist?
- laptops, if you are hoping for any portability, have small screens. do you want to play killzone 2 on your dinky 16″ screen, or would you prefer a rocking 60″ tv?
- remote play features. it’s a commuter’s wet dream.
- 3D gaming. i used to think it was a load of horseshit and then i tried it at future shop. it was totally the restaurant scene in when harry met sally.
- it helps cure CANCER. seriously, stanford university gets the thumbs up here. can millions of gamers go wrong? of course not. what a brilliant idea.
- hardcore computer gamers are insufferable nerds. have you ever met a world of witchcraft player in real life? some of my friends play this shit. lord god if my eyes don’t just bleed after a while when they’re talking about their
cultguild. and when they bail on actual life because they’ve got some dumbass raid mission or christ knows what? lame.
anyway, that list was without any real effort. just so the haters out there understand, i am not saying that computer gaming is without merit. i spend a lot of time playing stuff like geneforge 2 and the sims on my mac. i really enjoy it. logistically, i personally don’t think that those games would work on a ps3.
i am sure we can all think of reasons why computer gaming will never replace the console. just to be on the safe side, let’s all get out there with some propaganda though.