this trailer has been making the rounds. little_nerdxo sent it to me. i’m not a gamer, i’m a person who inspires people.
cute boy, cute boy in cute clothes. the british do everything right. well, they do most things right. this site is amazing, but these particular items only ship to certain parts of europe. thankfully, they will ship other stuff to canada. actually, there is a sonic sweater i’m thinking of getting.
are you european? good on ya. go get this sweater from insert coin clothing. as for the rest of us, you can get some stuff, make sure you check to see if they ship to you before you get excited.
i have been playing a lot of solitaire lately. i mean A LOT. i am not quite at the stage where I need a 12 step program, but it’s close. it’s one of those things you just do, while waiting for the bus, for a friend, or even while on hold.
solitaire is a fascinating game. it can be played by yourself, or with friends. it’s been around since at least 1783, when some german book about games was talking about it. that, of course, is its first printed reference. the game itself has been around for centuries. there are at least 1000 versions of the game. it’s also a kind of mysterious game, as the layouts of the game are thought to take their origins from tarot cards.
it’s a great exercise for the mind too. it’s a game that, in its origins, was played by both royalty and ordinary people. today, it’s enjoyed in similar circumstances.
all of this being said, it’s an enjoyable game. maybe i am reading too much into it, but i think there’s a lot of lessons to be learned from solitaire.
1. you win some, you lose some. not every game is a winner, just like every situation in life isn’t going to be awesome. the number of solvable games in solitaire are about 82 – 92%.
2. you can always start a new game. life lesson? you can always start again.
3. sometimes you hit a roadblock in the game, when you can’t quite find any more playable cards. you can grab a hint, like asking for help from a friend, or you can work through it yourself.
4. working through the issue yourself? self-reliance.
5. patience. if you get nothing else fro this game, it will teach you patience.
maybe i am being serious. maybe i am joking. maybe i still can’t believe it’s not butter.
you DON’T know about my drunk kitchen? this is my gift to you. this video is my drunk kitchen’s gift to me. also, gamers everywhere, i guess.
it’s so sad that there are people out there who don’t know how to behave in the online world. it’s a little like watching an adult self-destruct at a restaurant because their food is a minute late past the estimate a waiter gave.
the same is true of the online gaming world. i am so tired of having some weirdo in a game. there are basic rules in society, people, and you should be able to behave yourself! the following are my 10 rules because some of you obviously need some sort of guidance. for those of you who don’t – my readers, of course – please just pass this along.
10. thou shalt not camp. it was rude 10 years ago and it’s rude today.
9. don’t follow me. i’m good at what i do, and i am not your stupid shield.
8. stop getting in the way of my bullets. we aren’t talking friendly fire here. we’re talking a sweet sniper shot all ready to go, until you try to step in and pow pow with your stupid little pistol. i will take the shot, even if you get in the way.
7. swearing is a fact of life. if you are raising children and playing online, get some goddamn headphones.
6. yes. i am a girl. i’m pretty, too.
5. yes, i am a pretty girl who plays video games. no, i will not date you.
4. i don’t care what you have going on in your life, i don’t want to hear it in the background. this includes, but is not limited to, babies, parties, and whatever godawful screamo explicit rap music you’ve got going on.
3. if one more person uses the word ‘pwn’ in a sentence, i am going to kidnap a raccoon, one with sharp claws. then i will not feed it for a day. then i will find your house address, and ship it to you.
2. if you can’t play, DROP OUT.
and the number one rule of online gaming?
IT’S. A. GAME. you aren’t training for the effing navy seals here, boys and girls. don’t break out the rudeness simply because someone’s reflexes are better than yours.
recently i tweeted a photo of my gecko playing fallout 3. goddamn cat out there had to one-up me.