i like la noire for a lot of reasons, which you may be able to tell by the fact that i’ve blogged about it a lot this month. i’m really missing mad men lately, and the fact that cole phelps is done by kenny cosgrove [or aaron stanton, if you want to be specific] was kind of the deciding factor for me to get the game. actually, it was a trailer in eb games, but i paid attention to it since it was a mad men fix. anyway, good old cole recruited some of his mad men buddies:
- harry crane is the voice of john cunningham.
- paul kinsey as dudley lynch.
- don draper’s kind of most competant secretary allison, who is elizabeth eberly.
- peggy’s kind of bitchy sister anita olson respola, who is jennifer horgan.
- formerly asshole comic jimmy barrett [patrick fischler] turns out to be mickey cohen.
- ryan cutrona, betty’s nutjob dad, is chief william worrell.
- walter veith [creepy bethlehem steel guy] is capt. lachlan mckelty.
- vincent kartheiser – because who can forget pete campbell? he’s playing a repairman.
that’s who i found, but forbes tells me i missed a few: ned vaugn, kate connor, randolph adams, and kevin scott allen. they’re more bit players, but it’s nice to see the mad men family back, more or less.
if you haven’t picked it up, please go do so. it is an engaging game that forces you to think, to remember what’s been said previously, and to truly immerse yourself in the gameplay experience. rockstar is famous for innovation, and the character expressions are sometimes so lifelike, it’s like watching a film.
what i really like about rockstar though is that their games are always open world, but just different enough. this isn’t grand theft mad men. this is a dark, rich video game experience set against the environment of 1940s los angeles.