it’s so sad that there are people out there who don’t know how to behave in the online world. it’s a little like watching an adult self-destruct at a restaurant because their food is a minute late past the estimate a waiter gave.
the same is true of the online gaming world. i am so tired of having some weirdo in a game. there are basic rules in society, people, and you should be able to behave yourself! the following are my 10 rules because some of you obviously need some sort of guidance. for those of you who don’t – my readers, of course – please just pass this along.
10. thou shalt not camp. it was rude 10 years ago and it’s rude today.
9. don’t follow me. i’m good at what i do, and i am not your stupid shield.
8. stop getting in the way of my bullets. we aren’t talking friendly fire here. we’re talking a sweet sniper shot all ready to go, until you try to step in and pow pow with your stupid little pistol. i will take the shot, even if you get in the way.
7. swearing is a fact of life. if you are raising children and playing online, get some goddamn headphones.
6. yes. i am a girl. i’m pretty, too.
5. yes, i am a pretty girl who plays video games. no, i will not date you.
4. i don’t care what you have going on in your life, i don’t want to hear it in the background. this includes, but is not limited to, babies, parties, and whatever godawful screamo explicit rap music you’ve got going on.
3. if one more person uses the word ‘pwn’ in a sentence, i am going to kidnap a raccoon, one with sharp claws. then i will not feed it for a day. then i will find your house address, and ship it to you.
2. if you can’t play, DROP OUT.
and the number one rule of online gaming?
IT’S. A. GAME. you aren’t training for the effing navy seals here, boys and girls. don’t break out the rudeness simply because someone’s reflexes are better than yours.
- what the hell is this?!
god i cannot get enough of tumblr. it’s so… weird, yet awesome. my latest thing is the WTF gamer tags. i have seen some wild ones in my day, but they all pale in comparison to this blog.
the sample to the left is but a small taste of what you will encounter. these, sadly, are all real people. they range from a raised eyebrow of ‘oh no you didn’t’ to a ‘i’m calling the police’.
gawwwd. people are so STUPID.
world of warcraft: it gets worse
ok. so every one of my readers knows how much i dislike world of warcraft. it is a waste of money. mainly it’s because some of my friends have to stop what they are doing and go do whatever fuckass guild shit commands them to do at that time. or they can’t come to the bar because they bought an expansion pack. it’s fucking ridiculous, that’s what it is.
you don’t feel that way? that’s fine. this is a free country and we are all entitled to our opinions. we will overlook the fact that some of us are more right than others.
world of warcraft, once again, has really pissed me off.
anyway. i am going off-message and spouting rogue theories and that’s not why i am here today. i am here today because this – plague – has gone too far.
it seems that a couple of idiots have brought this nonsense into their home. it’s something about a tribe…or a club, um group thingy being the theme of their bathroom. ordinarily, i would sigh with delight at the fact that finally ‘world of warcraft’ and ‘toilet’ are in the same sentence, but not so. these morons have actually decorated their bathroom with this.
i am at a loss for words. i hope someone desecrates that bathroom.
nintendo power glove proposal
if any of the boyfriends EVER did this, i would die of mortification. right there. a nintendo power glove, honestly. you know, the one that looks like a joke? she proposed to him, and then they let all their friends know. by friends, it was probably their cat and their parents.
before i black out with the sheer dork factor, i will add that these two dorks sent out wedding invitations with their pictures on it. as you can see, it includes the goddamn glove. if you are still alive, squint. see the website? and the qr code? jesus.
quick poll: how many real people showed up?
from the land that brings us pizza, the mob, pasta and other assorted treasures, we hear this story.
apparently, some italian lady was all bent out of shape that someone hacked her account and stole her virtual furniture that she paid real money for. rather than call tech support, she called the actual cops. the train to stupidland should have stopped there, but then the cops chose to actually investigate this shit.
utterly ridiculous. sure, the crime here is ACTUALLY hacking, both the facebook account and the game account probably contained real and valuable information. i’m also going to go ahead and say that waste of taxpayer and police resources are a close second – seriously italy, i love you, but sometimes you just fuck shit up.
did she have to use real would resource? hell to the no.
call of duty prestige edition
as some of the more astute of you have probably picked up on, i am a fan of video game collector editions. i love them, probably more than should be legal. at the very least, i should be investing in something for my future or something.
according to a listing on futureshop.ca, here’s what we can expect to get:
- Limited Edition Black Ops Collector’s Medal with display case
- 4 extra playable co-op maps not in the standard edition
- Exclusive Blacks Ops PS Home avatar outfit
- Premium, special edition SteelBook case
- Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
so far, it’s kind of a ‘meh’ thing, isn’t it? but then it turns out you get this little toy too…
RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle
- Fully custom RC vehicle modeled after in-game RC-XD Killstreak Reward
- Video Camera to send wireless video to transmitter
- Microphone to send wireless audio to transmitter
- Digital proportional steering and throttle
- independent suspension
- High and low speed settings with up to 200ft control range
- Display stand
now you’re all like ‘HOLY SHIT’, right? ok, well i am. i guess you can all join me at your leisure, or keep being lame. personally, at this rate, i’ll probably have frothed myself into an epileptic fit in a month. oh well.
i have long been of the opinion that to solve 99% of the world’s problems, we should simply tell the idiots on our planet to hold their breath. then i saw this picture, and wondered why no one had thought to tip him over. this is apparently a ‘video game cosplay’ situation and the internet is full of them. i admit, i am a major dork, but not i even *i* would do this. i didn’t even pull this shit in grade school for halloween!
less shocking? the fact that this is a wii player.
video game console cosplays