it’s so sad that there are people out there who don’t know how to behave in the online world. it’s a little like watching an adult self-destruct at a restaurant because their food is a minute late past the estimate a waiter gave.
the same is true of the online gaming world. i am so tired of having some weirdo in a game. there are basic rules in society, people, and you should be able to behave yourself! the following are my 10 rules because some of you obviously need some sort of guidance. for those of you who don’t – my readers, of course – please just pass this along.
10. thou shalt not camp. it was rude 10 years ago and it’s rude today.
9. don’t follow me. i’m good at what i do, and i am not your stupid shield.
8. stop getting in the way of my bullets. we aren’t talking friendly fire here. we’re talking a sweet sniper shot all ready to go, until you try to step in and pow pow with your stupid little pistol. i will take the shot, even if you get in the way.
7. swearing is a fact of life. if you are raising children and playing online, get some goddamn headphones.
6. yes. i am a girl. i’m pretty, too.
5. yes, i am a pretty girl who plays video games. no, i will not date you.
4. i don’t care what you have going on in your life, i don’t want to hear it in the background. this includes, but is not limited to, babies, parties, and whatever godawful screamo explicit rap music you’ve got going on.
3. if one more person uses the word ‘pwn’ in a sentence, i am going to kidnap a raccoon, one with sharp claws. then i will not feed it for a day. then i will find your house address, and ship it to you.
2. if you can’t play, DROP OUT.
and the number one rule of online gaming?
IT’S. A. GAME. you aren’t training for the effing navy seals here, boys and girls. don’t break out the rudeness simply because someone’s reflexes are better than yours.